What’s Up, Y’all
My heart is so full. I am doing what I set out to do. I’m not sure if you remember that I stated that during this time I wanted to implement a schedule of sorts. Previously, I neglected myself trying to make a living. So, I wanted to make certain aspects that I no longer had time for then a priority again. Here’s what I wanted to implement:
- Reading- I’ve recently become obsessed with books, I mean books of all kinds. I’ve always had a lot of books but never had a chance to read them. I’m currently reading three books, The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy, Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst and Commanding your Morning by Dr. Cindy Trimm.
- Working Out- I started again this past Sunday and I’m sticking to my schedule. I’m always better when I’m moving. It’s hard to see me revert back to beginner stages, you know, dripping with sweat during the warm up, taking 500 breaks and not being able to do certain exercises full out but I refuse to let that stop me and in no time I’ll be back to going hard.
- Meditating- I’ve never really done this before but always wanted to and now I am with the help of an app called Headspace. I do this as soon as I wake up and brush my teeth. It really helps me with transitioning from being tired to more alert.
- Affirmations- Because I don’t currently have the same flow of money I had coming in, it’s easy to get down on myself. So I’m using an app called My Affirmations. I will say that the affirmations are pretty basic but I like it because it’s easy to recall during the day. The app also has a feature where you can record yourself saying the affirmation.
- Breakfast- I’m doing smoothies packed with Kale, Pineapple, Berries, Protein, Acai and even Sweet Potato at times. If I’m really famished
- Waking at 5am- I know why is this something I would want to implement when I did this working for corporate America? Well, I find if I wake up at 5, I can fit #1-5 before I go to work. (I have a part time job)
- Drinking more water- I’ve actually struggled with this. My goal was to drink a gallon a day. I do drink water but it might be more like 1/2 a gallon. This definitely needs work.
- Cleaning- I have a plan to clean room by room per week. Everyday I’ll clean an area in the room and by the end of the week, I’m done. You may be thinking that it sounds like I have a lot of junk and I do because I’m also de cluttering. I’m going through all of my clothes and everything else, papers, shoes and all, so there are a lot of moving pieces (literally) and it can easily turn to a heap.
I’m grateful to be in this place. Let me know what you think of what I’ve implemented or if you have any other suggestions of what I should add. I’m excited to see the long term effects this will have on my life. Even if or when I am fully employed, I would like to keep this going because I believe there are amazing results to come!