So I’ve been up all night. Apparently, I took a nap when I intended to go to bed around 11 pm because I woke up around 2 am and haven’t been back to sleep yet. It’s not that I haven’t tried. Now that I think about it, maybe those two popsicles weren’t the best idea if I was trying to return to bed but I was hot so I immediately thought I’d head to the fridge. That makes no sense, right? With so many options at the fridge, why would I choose the popsicles? If y’all knew me in real life, y’all would know that I love popsicles. Now that I was cool, I did something you should never do if you wanna return to sleep and that would be to open your eyes all the way. Don’t clear your vision or you’re doomed. Keep it blury and low so you can cuddle up and pick up where you left off.
Unfortunately, I didn’t take my own advice and that led me to watch a couple of YouTube videos, Instagram surfing and then responsibility must have kicked in cause I decided to pay bills. Again sleep was attempted but I ended up spinning my wheels, cried out to God (I’ve been emotional lately) and had a couple of random thoughts that I instantly wanted to share with you guys.
- I started thinking about overly used words and how they lose its meaning (remember this is random) I tried thinking of the literary name and gerund came to mind, which turned out to be wrong because gerunds are nouns that act as verbs typically known by the use of ‘ing’ at the end of the noun.
- Soulmate-what is it? Is it real or real elusive like the Lochness monster. At 34, I wondered if it could still be possible for me. I wondered if I would ever be ready.
- I asked myself why wasn’t I doing the activities I should be doing…such as working out and reading more. I have phases, I’ll be doing great with developing myself and then I fall off, it’s usually a hard fall. Out of comfort, I’d say I need to get back to it but out of experience I know that we don’t get our needs, we get our musts. Part of that is going back to #1. The use of “need” has lost its meaning and going back to #1 and #2, “love” has as well. We love everything and everyone. It used to be really exclusive and because it is so overused we say it more than ever and yet when you look at people’s lives, there’s no proof.
- I want to be a student and teacher of love. When I was really young I would ask couples, “How did you know that they were the one?” I’d get the same answer every time. They’d reply, “You just know.” I never understood that. Maybe I’ve never been in love because I thought I knew and it seemed like they were clueless….completely on different pages.
- The most powerful word in the English language is “Be.” (Imma just drop the mic on that one)
- Homecoming is this weekend. What will I wear? I have a couple of ideas and a couple of dope functions coming up.
- So I guess, I’m just gonna stay up, huh?
So to everyone who can sleep, rest easy. Peace.