So I was gonna work on my Weekly Prayer Project post but the topic is very emotional and I wanna do it justice. On Monday, we started the book Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill on the Life Changing Alliances call and on Wednesdays we split our hour with the resident Health and Wellness coach. For the first 30 minutes, we talked about gratefulness and burning desire.
Now, this is something that should be cultivated from birth. Too many people aren’t hungry anymore and don’t know how to cultivate hunger. They want more but they don’t know how to take hold of it. The secret is desire but not just any desire…burning desire. This desire is different because burning desire has your full attention. Every intention and focus will be on manifesting because thoughts are things.
Last night, was the full moon. The full moon marks a new month on the Hebraic calendar. We went from Iyar to Sivan. It’s a great time to set intentions. This often falls on deaf ears because many don’t know how to set intentions so let’s define it.
An intention is a guiding principle for how you want to be, live, and show up in the world but an intention shouldn’t be confused with a goal—it’s not something you attach an expectation or evaluation to. It’s just something you want to align with in your life. It’s an aim, a purpose, or attitude you’d be proud to commit to. –Intention Setting 101
Here’s some steps to start:
- Do a brain dump to find what is most important to you-there’s no wrong answer. In fact, let your imagination go wild and be honest
- Funnel it down as much as possible-there’s only so much your brain can focus on at a time
- Get specific-this is super important because the devil is in the details. If you can figure out the details then you can find passion
- Visualize-see it and say it often. Seeing is believing so see yourself doing, in or with whatever your intention is. This puts it in your grasp. The more realistic, the better.
- Feel-we’ve all heard the term “fake it until you make it,” when you are passionate about something it creates the energy needed to materialize, be sure you are positive during this time and never speak against it. Your angels are on assignment. Don’t confuse them, it’ll take long to get to you. Use all of your senses to work for you
- Anticipate-expectation is everything. You can want something really bad but if you can’t expect it to happen then, it won’t
- Consistent Practice/Reinforce-create a mantra so that it is easier to remember. Say your mantra or mission statement or even yell it, whatever you have to do to get it in your spirit. Be sure to visualize it. Let yourself feel the feelings, see the sights, smell the smells, draw pictures, whatever you have to do to keep it in front of you, do it. Create!
I hope this has helped you. The goal is to create the burning desire to fuel your dreams. I did it with my house and I didn’t even know that it was a thing. I got obsessed. I printed pictures of the demensions, drew my layout of the furniture I wanted. Keep in mind this was a new build. I went to the office and got the layout. Took pictures in the model home. Found furniture I wanted online and printed those pictures. I made lists, I wrote the address, over and over and I kept everything in a binder that was with me at all times. I had fun doing it. I enjoyed daydreaming about my home. When they broke ground, I would go to the area and sit in my car looking at it, visualizing myself walking up the walkway or what my first night be like sleeping there. I then, went back spoke to the lady about what would have to happen and once I knew, I started working on it the next day just to prove myself wrong. It was amazing because everything fell into place with almost no effort at all. I found an agent and sold my previous house in less than a week. Paid off bills to lower my debt, got pre-approved, put down a deposit all within a month. The house was pretty much mine, the only thing that held me up was that they were trying to build it in the middle of winter but even during that time, I was able to buy all of that furniture supernaturally. I say supernaturally because the week before I wanted a new living room set and I couldn’t get it and next thing you know I’m buying expensive furniture for my brand new house. I had no idea how I would have ever been able to afford any of it…but God.
I know many wouldn’t give the credit to Him but His word says that He gives me the ability, He turns the heart of the king and He opens doors that no man can close! I just had to believe and obey and it was mine. It’ll be 4 years on May 8th and this last year I’ve been out of work. What’s yours is yours. You just have to believe it enough to be open for anything. Do your part and it will happen. We often times forget, once we get the promise but these are testimonies that we need to remember to fuel our next.
Have you ever witnessed this before? If you have let me know about your process. Do you plan on trying the 7 steps? Let me know in the comments section so we can chop it up.
*I don’t own the rights but I had to add it